I KNOW, I KNOW…….BORING! Well, at least I can save you some cash and a little frustration when you’re trying to find pillow cases to match your new bedroom color. Now you can make your own in no time and they’ll look amazing.
43″ x 44″ piece of fabric per case
Fiskars Pinking Shears
43″ of 1″ wide ribbon
1. Measure down 8″ along one 43″ side of your fabric
2. Mark that line with your fabric pencil using your ruler
3. Pin the ribbon along that line
4. Stitch the ribbon on the fabric following the line as shown. The stitch should be toward the edge of the ribbon.
5. Fold the fabric in half, matching the ribbons exactly!
6. Fold over the ends (both of them) and pin in place
Just like this!
8. Pin around the pillow case and make your first stitch around the case.
9. When you’re done, if you pull apart the area where you folded down the end, you can see that it finished itself, just like magic!
10. Pink all the raw edges.
11. With the pillow case inside out, fold the end inside the case so that the edge of the flap lines up with the ribbon
12. Pin all the way around the mouth of the case
13. Stitch around the mouth of the opening to the left of the original ribbon stitch. This will catch the ribbon in and finish your pillow case flap.
14. Stitch on the left side of the ribbon so that the original ribbon stitch so that the original stitch will be hidden…..You’ll see!
You’re done! Well, after you’re done ironing anyway.