A few weeks ago Crafty Chica sent me some lovely sugar skull patches from her new product line and I fell in love with them. I NEEDED to figure out what to do with them because I truly wanted to wear them some how, some way. On the instructions it said that they might not iron on to leather so I decided to use my gold standard glue, E-6000 and just put them right on the leather and not even worry about whether they could be ironed on! It worked and I’m so pleased!
Crafty Chica’s Sugar Skull Patches OR some patches that you like
Vinyl or leather (enough to make a cuff)
1/4″ wide ribbon in a color you like
1. Make your cuff pattern and trace it on to the leather or vinyl
2. Mark dots 1/2″ apart all the way around
3. Punch them out with your leather punch
4. Thread the ribbon through the holes all the way around
5. Secure the ribbon ends with a knot and glue the ends down with E-6000
6. Glue on the patches with more E-6000
7. Cut your Velcro for the closures
8. Glue on the velcro on each side of the cuff
9. Let everything dry for AT LEAST 1/2 hour (or more)
For 150 MORE Jewelry DIY Ideas, grab a copy of The Big Ass Book of Bling!
Follow this link to the best price on the web.