It’s been years since I’ve had to buy school supplies for school, but EVERY year I buy them anyway! My favorite purchase every early September is the basic composition notebook. Everywhere I turn they are 99c or LESS and I buy them in bulk. I use them for everything from writing to idea books. For this week’s He Crafts She Crafts, Stephenie (www.mycraftyadventures.com) and I gave the basic composition notebook a makeover.
Make sure to hop over to Stephenie’s blog and say hello (and leave a comment on her beautiful notebooks) and we’ll pick a winner from the comments to receive some goodies!
These are the FANTASTIC creations by Stephenie and hands down she NAILED this project!
Check out how she did it at www.mycraftyadventures.com!
Here’s a close-up of her Glitterific notebook!
HE CRAFTS #1:
Black on black lace with gold edged pages……..So Chic!
1. Tape off the spine of the notebook with blue painter’s tape or masking tape.
2. Place a sheet of newspaper in between the covers and the paper.
3. Spray front and back of the notebook with flat black Krylon spray paint.
4. Open up the cover and spray the sides of the notebook pages with Krylon Metallic Gold spray paint and let dry.
5. Cut a piece of lace big enough to cover the front of the notebook.
6. Lightly coat the lace with some Elmer’s Spray Adhesive.
7. Cover the notebook cover with the lace.
8. Spray the cover with Krylon Crystal Clear Coating.
I can’t wait to write in this!
HE CRAFTS #2:
Use any fabric to change the cover of your notebook! I chose this fantastic print of the Virgin Mary, but you could use anything print you like.
I made this one using Anime fabric.
1. Pick the fabric and pattern you want and make sure the design looks good on your notebook.
2. Trace the shape of the notebook on your fabric and cut it out.
3. Paint Minwax Polycrylic Clear Coat over the fabric so that it soaks in.
4. Let it dry for at least 1/2 hour.
5. Make sure to add the clear coat to the spine!
6. Trim off any excess fabric to make it nice and neat.
There you have it!!
HE CRAFTS #3!
I went NUTS on this one with a styrofoam plate and my Spellbinders Embossing machine. I’m still a bit crafty drunk from it!
1. Paint your notebook and let dry.
2. Emboss a styrofoam plate in your Spellbinders embossing machine
3. Mount the embossed styrofoam on a piece of wood or some cardboard to create a stamp.
4. Stamp your cover with one color of paint and let dry.
5. Stamp your cover with another color of paint and let dry.
That’s it for this edition of He Crafts, She Crafts. Be sure to stop in to see Stefanie’s Tutorial, and we’ll do another one of these soon! If you haven’t already, make sure to grab a copy of my books for more inspiration.
Get the best prices here: http://bit.ly/Qed2qA